Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Saturday 2 October 2010

Day 2 - Ok that'll teach ya

Right so I'm awake early on a Saturday (not right I say). Last night felt odd  - I know I mentioned to fiends that I 'may' be doing the London Marathon next year, but now I really am!!!

Oh boy!!!

Ok so this morning, do a Parkrun, yep that sounds like a good idea, I am sure there will be others there with success stories about getting into the marathon, and others who were not so lucky.

After that ... hmm... I think I'll catch up with Dave Holby who 'got me into this mess' in the first place (that's the story for another day) . He's also running in the Marathon next year, he'll be supporting Breakthrough Breast Cancer - a fantastic Charity that he has been raising funds for over the last two years on his World Record Row around the planet on a rowing machine.

But first, a cup of tea for my every faithful companion on my 'mad' races - Helen; I apologise now for any chaos, stress and confusion this event may cause. She really is my best friend as well as my wife, and I'm so sure I won't be able to take part without her help. Love you lots :o).

See you later....

No comments:

Post a Comment