Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Friday 1 October 2010

Day 1 - The Saga begins

OK at 16:26 my friend Sam at the gorilla organization sent me the following message:

Hi Martin,


I can confirm your place in the 2011 London Marathon. I have attached a fundraising pack to this email. If you can set yourself up with a Justgiving site that would be great!
Let me know if I can be of any assistance with this.


I also have a collection tin if you need it.


Kindest regards,


Sam
So now that's it - I'm in.... holy heck ... right stuff to do ... plan etc.

I plan to run in the 'full fur' so to speak - oh and have never run a marathon before, and watching RunFatBoyRun may not be deemed training.

But where to start? Hmm, Lots of ideas - people to talk to ... oh well that's it for day 1....

No comments:

Post a Comment