Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Sunday 19 December 2010

Day 80 - Fly me to the 'Molly' Moon

More fun in the snow :)

Today I had a running partner ... 
... a furry running partner
... no, not a gorilla
... it was 'Molly' one of my neighbour's dogs 

You see a while ago I made the offer 'if you need any dogs walked/ran then let me know...' and today decided to put my feet where my mouth is (well you know what I mean).

Also time to try out the new spikes, and once equipped with the all important doggie treats and  poop bag off we go.

Initially Molly wasn't sure where we were going as she saw the rest of her pack head out to the car for their walkies; but once we made it out of our street she was fine and in the words of 'It's a Knockout' - 'Away we go!'. 

We went for a couple of laps of the football pitches, then over to the Rugby pitches and all the park round there. Past all the tobogganing children (and parents) - who seemed confused how I could run up a hill (did I mention spikes) with a doggie; we met several other doggies on the way and a few other runners and finally made our way back.

Molly was safely returned home in about an hour, and after a nice cup of tea (many many thanks) left her to sleep on the sofa - she looked a very happy sleepy doggie :)

The other news is that todays run has taken me over 100 miles in training which I am so chuffed about :)



No comments:

Post a Comment