Gorilla Organization



Lgwoi.jpg

The Gorilla Organization, the international charity led by experienced African conservationists dedicated to saving the world’s last remaining gorillas from extinction. Our award-winning community-based approach to conservation promotes sustainable livelihoods, nurtures young conservationists of the future and empowers local people to tackle the main threats to the gorillas’ survival.

UK Reg Charity 1117131

Saturday 18 December 2010

Day 79 - Was that a Sasquatch?

That was an unintended break from training ...

I think that HellRunner and MudMan may have played silly beggers with my right ankle (little ouches) and so an unplanned break from training has given me a chance to recover. I was planning to have the break over Christmas ...so, Christmas came early this time.

Lets see if it worked...

With all this snow .. why not go for a ParkRun .... With only 33 in the field then I knew I would get a personal best placing regardless of the time.

Did I not mention ... last ParkRun before Christmas ... out comes the Gorilla suit.

A Sasquatch sighting?
Or was a Gorilla? 
The "ParkRun spot the Gorilla" competition

Stop trying to hide in the snow and start running ...
...finally here comes the Gorilla !!!

Yay I came 12th which was fantastic in just over 27 minutes - not bad since the weather was rather tricky and I was wearing a gorilla suit (btw it was Geraldine today).

After the run I went into town to see my good friend Dave Holby finish off 40000km rowing challenge around the world on a rowing machine  - check out http://www.worldrecordrow.com to read how he raised so much for Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

Well done Dave - you have inspired us all
Next year we will be running together in the London Marathon, so I had better let him have a few days off to recover before we start training.

No comments:

Post a Comment